Last Updated: Dec 01, 2016
GoGtour (hereinafter referred to as “GoGtour”, “we”, “us” or “our”) operates a platform and community marketplace that helps people form offline experiences and relationships directly with one another, where they can create, list, discover and book a Tour around the world, whether through our website or our mobile applications (“Platform”).
“Personal Information” means information relating to a living individual who is or can be identified either from that information or from that information in conjunction with other information that is in, or is likely to come into, the possession of the Data Controller.
2. WHAT TYPES OF INFORMATION DOES GOGTOUR GATHER ABOUT ITS USERS?
A. Information that you give us
- fill in any form on the Platform, such as when you register or update the details of your user account, or when you supply ID and other verification information;
- access or use the Platform, such as to search for or post Tours, make or accept bookings, pay for Tours, book or pay for any associated services that may be available, post comments or reviews, or communicate with other users;
link your account on a Third-Party site (e.g. Facebook) to your GoGtour Account, in which case we will obtain the Personal Information that you have provided to the Third-Party site, to the extent allowed by your settings with the Third-Party site and authorized by you;
communicate with GoGtour; and
- share information with another Member.
B. Information we get from your use of our Platform
- Contact Information
You may use your contact information, such as your email address, phone number to create or customize your account or to enable certain account features, for example, for login verification. We may use your contact information to send you information about our Platform and Services, to market to you.
- Log Data
We may also receive, store and process Log Data, which is information that is automatically recorded by our servers whenever you access or use the Platform, regardless of whether you are registered with GoGtour or logged in to your GoGtour Account, such as your IP Address, the date and time you access or use the Platform, the hardware and software you are using, referring and exit pages and URLs, the number of clicks, device event information, pages viewed and the order of those pages, and the amount of time spent on particular pages.
- Third-Party social plugins
Our Platform may use social plugins which are provided and operated by Third-Parties, such as Facebook’s Like Button.
3. HOW GOGTOUR USES AND PROCESSES THE INFORMATION THAT YOU PROVIDE OR MAKE AVAILABLE
A. We use, store and process information about you for the following general purposes:
- to enable you to access and use the Platform;
- to enable you to communicate with other Members, including but not limited to by sending them messages or other information during the Booking process;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimize the Platform, GoGtour’s business, and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research, personalize or otherwise customize your experience, and to provide customer service;
- to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
- to send you marketing, advertising, and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information about GoGtour, our services, or general promotions for partner campaigns and services.
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with Third Parties.
B. How GoGtour Uses and Processes User CommunicationsWe may, either directly or through Third-Parties we engage to provide services to us, review, scan, or analyze your communications with other users exchanged via the Platform for fraud prevention, risk assessment, regulatory compliance, investigation, product development, research and customer support purposes.
WHEN GOGTOUR DISCLOSES OR SHARES YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, AND TO WHOMWe may transfer, store, use and process your information, including any Personal Information, to other countries. By using the Platform, you consent to transferring your data to these countries. Your Personal Information may be transferred, stored, used, processed and disclosed as follows:
- Parts of your public profile page that contain some Personal Information may be displayed in other parts of the Platform to other users for marketing purposes or if you post content or other features on the Platform that are visible to the general public.
- Your public Listing page will always include some minimum information such as the city, your listing description, your calendar availability, your public profile photo, your responsiveness in replying to Travelers’ queries, and any additional information you share with other Members. Your public Listing page may also include aggregated demand information (such as number of page views over a period of time). Parts of your public Listing page may be displayed in other parts of the Platform to other Members and/or Third Party platforms for marketing purposes.
- The Platform allows your public profile and public Listing pages to be included in search engines, in which case your public profile and public Listing pages will be indexed by search engines and may be published as search results.
- When you submit a request to book a Tour, your full name, and the full name of any confirmed Travelers staying with you, and other Personal Information you agree to pass through to the Guide(s) will become visible to the Guide(s) of any Listing you Book or request to Book. We may also disclose parts of your public profile; other Member reviews of you; and any additional information you share with other Members. When your request to book a Tour is accepted by the Guide(s) or when a Traveler books your Tour, we will disclose some of your Personal Information to the Guide(s).
We may also share Guide and Tour information with those Third Parties and any service providers of those Third Parties.
You may link your account on a Third-Party social networking site to your GoGtour Account. We refer to a person’s contacts on these Third-Party sites as “Friends”. When you create this linkage:
- some of the information you provide to us from the linking of your accounts may be published on your GoGtour Account profile;
- your activities on the Platform may be displayed to your Friends on the Platform and/or that Third-Party site;
- a link to your public profile on that Third-Party social networking site may be included in your GoGtour public profile;
- other GoGtour users may be able to see any common Friends that you may have with them, or that you are a Friend of their Friend if applicable;
- other GoGtour users may be able to see any schools, hometowns or other groups you have in common with them as listed on your linked social networking site(s);
- the information you provide to us from the linking of your accounts may be stored, processed and transmitted for fraud prevention and risk assessment purposes;
- and the publication and display of information that you provide to GoGtour through this linkage is subject to your settings and authorizations on the Platform and the Third-Party site.
We will ensure that such Third Parties have contractual obligations to protect this Personal Information and to not use it for unrelated purposes.
We will use commercially reasonable efforts to notify users about law enforcement requests for their data unless:
- providing notice is prohibited by the legal process itself, by court order we receive, or by applicable law; or
- we believe that providing notice would (a) be futile, (b) be ineffective, or (c) would create a risk of injury or bodily harm to an individual or group, or (d) create or increase a risk of fraud upon GoGtour’s property, its Members, the Platform, Application, or Services (collectively, “Risk Scenarios”).
In instances where GoGtour complies with legal requests for user data without notice to the user for the reasons described above, GoGtour will use commercially reasonable efforts to notify that user about the request after the fact if we determine in good faith that we are no longer legally prohibited from doing so and that no Risk Scenarios apply.
We may also publish, disclose and use Aggregated Information and non-personal information for industry and market analysis, demographic profiling, marketing and advertising, and other business purposes.
HOW TO EDIT YOUR GOGTOUR ACCOUNTYou may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information in your GoGtour Account. If you would like to correct your information or cancel your GoGtour Account entirely, you can do so by logging in to your GoGtour Account.
SECURING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATIONWe are continuously implementing and updating administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your Personal Information against unauthorized access, destruction or alteration. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, and no method of storing electronic information, can be 100% secure. So, we cannot guarantee the security of your transmissions to us and of your Personal Information that we store.
YOUR PRIVACY WHEN YOU ACCESS THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND RESOURCESThe Platform will contain links to other websites not owned or controlled by GoGtour. GoGtour does not have any control over Third-Party websites.
REFERRAL SERVICEThe Platform provides a referral service that allows you to invite your friends to use the Platform.
You may also send invitation emails via the Platform itself, in which case we will ask you for the contact information to which to send your invitation. You can type in the email addresses, we may use and store this information for the sole purposes of allowing you to send your friends an invitation.
For all other questions or concerns, please email us at www.gogtour.com/contact.